After initial rebuff, Rakul Preet Singh accepts NCB summon for same day as Deepika Padukone
Actor Rakul Preet Singh summoned for questioning in a drug probe linked to the Sushant Singh Rajput investigation, was a no-show today as her
team denied receiving “alleged summons” either in Mumbai or in Hyderabad, where she is believed to be currently.
However, according to our sources, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) said that they have reached out to her again and summoned her for tomorrow, that is, September 25 and that Rakul has accepted it.
This comes after NCB sources earlier today, said that Rakul did not respond to the summons on any available contact so far as she had reportedly asked for more time.
The official statement from Rakul’s team came in on Thursday morning that read, “Suggest you get in touch with her legal for any further clarification. Rakul Preet Singh has not received the alleged summons either at Mumbai or Hyderabad so far.”
For the uninformed, Rakul will be questioned by the Narcotics Control Bureau, besides Deepika Padukone, Sara Ali Khan, Shraddha Kapoor, and others in the drug inquiry that started with chats retrieved from the phone of arrested actor Rhea Chakraborty.
Deepika Padukone has been summoned tomorrow and Sara Ali Khan and Shraddha Kapoor on Saturday.
On the other hand, Rhea Chakraborty, in her second request for bail after spending 14 days in judicial custody in a Mumbai jail, alleged a witch-hunt against her by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB). She also alleged that Sushant Singh Rajput “took advantage of those closest to him to sustain his drug habit”.
Rhea Chakraborty was arrested on September 9 on drug charges linked to the investigation into the death of Sushant Singh Rajput, her boyfriend. Her custody was extended till October 6 on Tuesday.
In the 47-page petition, Rhea also alleged that Sushant Singh Rajput’s ties with his family were strained and that his sisters left him at the “peak of his depression”.